This is the Damage Assessment class requested by SOARA. Please register ASAP. If there are not enough registered participants by the dead line the class will be canceled. The attached documents are an explanation of how to register with the Ohio EMS for classes. Questions about the class or registering. Call Mike Boster, Lawrence County EMA at 740-533-4375, or Eddie Jenkins, Lawrence County ARES at 740-534-2390.
Thank you for all you do for our community.
Eddie Jenkins, N8URU
ARES EC, Lawrence County Ohio
HOW TO RESISTER
For New Users Of The Public Safety Training Campus
———–To create an account ———
Go to https://trainingcampus.dps.ohio.gov/cm/cm710/pstc/pstc.html and click on “New User”. Click on either the “PDF” or “Word” icon for the form fillable application. That page gives you all of the information needed to get an account created. For the question: “REGISTER MY ACCOUNT UNDER THE OHIO DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY (select one):” – check: Emergency Management Agency ; For Company/Employer Name: Enter the organization for which you are taking the training. If you are a volunteer for the CERT, ARES or Red Cross – utilize that organization and not your civilian employer. After your account is established you will receive an email with a temporary password. The first time you log-in you will be prompted to create a new pass word. It must be at least 8-characters, contain at least one letter, one number, and a special character from above the numbers 1-8 on your keyboard.
The demo video provides some good information, but is mostly geared toward online courses and not the classroom courses. Below is some additional information to assist you in enrolling in the courses once you have your account.
————–To enroll ———————
- Once you log-in to your account in the Public Safety Training Campus, to register for a course Click on the “Course Catalog” tab and enter the last 3 or 4 digits of the course number into the “Catalog ID” Block. Example for G489 Management of Spontaneous Volunteers enter just “489” and either click on “Search” on the screen or press “Enter” on your keyboard. Entering just ”EMA-“ instead of a course number will bring up all currently offered EMA courses.
- To enroll in a course click on the little “ i ” to the left of the course and it will open a “course details” pop-up box. There can then read more about the course and / or click on the “Enroll” button to enroll or if the course is full click on the on the “Waiting List” button to get added to the queue. Please be sure to check the “session details” tab also for any special notes or directions for that specific course session.
- An enrollment only shortcut is to click on the green + sign next to the course you want (this does not work for getting onto the waiting list).
- You will receive an email when your enrollment is approved providing all the location, time and etc. information for that course.
- Be aware that it will take at least 24-48 hours for your enrollment application to be reviewed and for you to receive your Course Enrollment Notification via email.
To see what courses you have completed or are enrolled in click on the “My Courses” tab. From this tab you can also print a copy of your transcript , duplicate course completion certificates or view Course Announcements under the “Resources” button.
You may also locate up-coming classes by viewing our Training Calendar located on our webpage, http://ema.ohio.gov/Training.aspx , and clicking on the “Training Calendar” link in the middle of the page.
If you have any questions, or if I may be of further assistance, please let me know.
Susan C. Traylor
State Training Coordinator
Ohio Department of Public Safety
Ohio Emergency Management Agency
Phone: 614.799.3666 firstname.lastname@example.org
———- Forwarded message ———
From: Michael Boster <email@example.com>
Date: Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 4:25 PM
Subject: Training Workshop upcoming in Lawrence County – September 24 evening from 6 pm to 8 pm
Responders, Communications Professionals, Interested People:
OH-605 IA (Individual Assistance) Damage Assessment Workshop
Monday, September 24
sign-in 5:45 pm. Workshop 6 pm to 8 pm
Taught by Ohio EMA Darren Price
No Cost – Certificate issued
The two-hour training workshop described in the attached announcement will enable you and others in your organization to assist with Damage Assessment for Individuals and businesses after an emergency event in Lawrence County (flooding, wind event, etc) using FEMA-approved criteria.
To register for the training, please follow the information provided in the attached Word Document. This is especially important if you have never signed up for training through the Ohio EMA Public Safety Training Campus System.
It is important that you register as soon as possible as the state does require a set number of active registrations by a deadline date.
I hope you will consider participating in the workshop. The Lawrence County EMA is ALWAYS in need of trained people to help after an emergency event; therefore, I want to personally invite you to participate.
Please call or email me if you have any questions. If you have trouble registering, reach out to Ohio EMA using the contact information on the attached documents.
Michael Boster, Director
Lawrence County Emergency Management Agency
Ironton, OH 45638